3 hours visit at the wild boar hide
bears and wild boars in Transylvania, Romania
Visit available almost all year long. It takes place in the afternoon/evening (precise hour to be confirmed) until almost dark.
The hide is a facility where bears and wild boars are attracted with food for close-up observations. Usually we are successful in seeing both bears and wild boars, but as there are wild animals involved – nothing is guaranteed! They might decide to come for the food only after dark 🙂
difficulty grade: A – click here for explanations
Do you have any questions about this trip?
Contact us at email@example.com or
Check out the opinions of some of our previous guests:
An easy walk of app. 5 minutes on easy terrain for bear watching and wild boar watching at the wild boar hide.
You will be requested to not use the flash or the red light on you camera!
– the food provided at the hide constitutes only a small part of the bears and wild boar’s diet, and most bears and wild boar do not even come to the hide as the forest provides more than enough food for them.
– the bears and wild boar that do come to the hide are very aware that we are present there, but we still need to keep a low voice and be relatively still for a few hours.
– there is a short and safe walk from the place where we park the car to the hide itself and back (app. 5 minutes on easy terrain); we are always accompanied by a wildlife guide and/or forester who knows how to handle any “unforeseen” situation
– we stay at the hide until almost dark, which is quite late especially in summer
– the photo fee is included for non-commercial photos, but you will have to avoid using the flash or the red light, as they chase the bears and wild boar away.
Very low level of fitness required. You need to be able to walk uphill for about 5-10 minutes and stay relatively still and quiet for a few hours (no toilet available during the visit)
Cost: 40 Euro (30 GBP) per person without transport.
This cost includes the photo fee for non-commercial purposes.
Thank you for choosing us for your short visit focused on wild boar and bear watching!